It is customary to use flare units to ensure smokeless burning of gases and gas discharges that are regularly or periodically generated in the course of a production process. This equipment is also used to treat and process produced oil and gas at chemical plants and oil refineries.
Flare units are used to dispose of well fluids. Flare units can be vertical, horizontal, and of a closed type.
Kinds of flare units
The company JSC MNGE manufactures the following kinds of flare units:
- UF – flares with one stack;
- UFS – combined units;
- UFSO – combined units with retractable stacks;
- UFOO – units with retractable tips;
- UGF-N and UGF-V – horizontal units used to burn low and high pressure gas;
- UGF-Zh – horizontal units for thermal disposal of industrial waste water;
- UGF-ZhU – horizontal units for smokeless disposal of well fluids;
- Mobile units on a skid or wheels;
- Closed flare systems.
Flare ignition system
- An operator opens the feed of fuel gas from the fuel gas pipeline or, if it is not available, from a gas cylinder unit, and checks pressure.
- Then he presses the “Start” button on the control cabinet and launches the program.
- After that power is supplied to the ignitor glow plug.
- In several seconds the ignitor valve opens, and the availability of gas pressure is checked.
- If there is flame on the ignitor, the operator shall open the gas flare line valve.
A flare tip of tubular type consists of a pilot burner, flame stabilizers, a gas damper and wind protection. The quality of burning for the discharged gases depends on the speed of their outlet from the flare tip and natural draft. Flame stabilizers located in the top part of the flare tip swirl the gas flow and increase the efficiency of its mixing with air. If natural draft is not enough for smokeless burning of gas, it is possible to use an air blower.
The pilot burner consists of two elements: a body and a nozzle for fuel gas supply. This unit is installed in the flare tip, it is used to burn the discharged gas and ensure flame for the main flare. One of components of the pilot burner is an electrical glow plug. The charge coming from an ejector that is also located on the pilot burner is ignited. The pilot burner is additionally equipped with a thermocouple to ensure flame monitoring.
Flare equipment for gas burning also includes control cabinets. They are necessary to ensure manual or automatic ignition of the pilot burner. This device monitors the flame of the pilot burner and gives signals to the operator in case of ignition system extinction or failure.
A control cabinet is an explosion-proof heated device installed behind a special guard. The device is connected to a conversion unit, a thermocouple and a gas control unit.
Standard scope of supply
A flare unit manufactured by JSC MNGE is supplied with the following components:
- A flare tip FO-YuO manufactured by JSC MNGE fitted with one pilot burner, a thermocouple, a set of gaskets and fastenings, H=2.5 m;
- Automatic electric spark ignition and flame monitoring system;
- ShU – an explosion-proof and weather-proof ignition control cabinet;
- BP – a conversion unit;
- BRG – a gas control unit;
- Flare stack DN=300 mm, H=32.5 m;
- Maintenance platforms, ladders, guy wires, turnbuckles;
- Anti-corrosion coating: organosilicone thermoresistant enamel KO-8111 for the flare stack and the steel structure;
- Cable products: a thermocouple cable from the tip to the control cabinet – 100 m, an ignition cable from the tip to the control cabinet – 100 m.
The scope of supply also includes cable products: a thermocouple cable and an ignition cable. The steel structures and the flare stack are covered with an anti-corrosive, thermoresistant and organosilicone enamel.
Flare units manufactured by JSC MNGE
If you need reliable flare units for smokeless and safe disposal of gases, pay attention to the products of the Joint-Stock Company ModulNefteGazEngineering. Our company manufactures flare units ready for any operating conditions and able to withstand high heat and chemical loads.
Specialists of JSC MNGE design flare units in accordance with Client’s requirements and the specifics of operating conditions. In the design and manufacture of flare units, our specialists take into account the required level of capacity, speed, temperature, pressure and density. Our flare units comply with the state codes and standards.
You can clarify any information or place an order by phone +7 (347) 216-10-01 (ext. 104) or leave an application on the website of JSC MNGE.
A vertical flare unit is a facility used to burn petroleum and natural gas in continuous or emergency modes. It is used by oil producers, oil refineries and chemical ...
Horizontal flare units
It is customary to use horizontal flare units for thermal treatment of gas discharges, vapors, combustible and non-combustible industrial effluents which can contain ...
Closed flare systems
It is customary to use closed flare systems for smokeless burning of hydrocarbon gases and gas condensate mixtures near the ground surface. The equipment is applicable ...